Building Information Modeling For Infrastructure
Realize better, more accurate infrastructure designs with BIM.
Building Information Modeling (BIM) is an intelligent 3D model-based process that provides insight for creating and managing projects faster, more economically, and with less environmental impact.
Easily create designs with intelligent objects using a comprehensive portfolio of industry-leading software for infrastructure projects.
- AutoCAD® Civil 3D® software is the BIM solution for infrastructure for civil engineers, drafters, designers, and technicians working on transportation, land development, and water projects.
- Complementing these core BIM products is Autodesk's broad portfolio of applications that expand the power of BIM, including AutoCAD® software for documentation and professional drafting, Autodesk® Navisworks®, and Autodesk® 3ds Max® Design for visualization, simulation, and analysis of projects virtually and AutoCAD® Map 3D for effective infrastructure planning.
- Autodesk design suites provide comprehensive industry solutions for both CAD and BIM workflows in one flexible, cost-effective package.
Profit from project insight through intelligent 3D. Autodesk solutions take full advantage of the rich information in the intelligent 3D models.
- Easily create designs with intelligent objects.
- Minimize errors and omissions regardless of how many times the design changes.
- Simulate real-world appearance, performance, and cost.
Time and money
- Find and reduce costly design conflicts virtually before construction begins.
- Improve team collaboration and more easily manage project data across extended teams and external partners.
- Win work and build stakeholder approval more easily using powerful visualizations.
- Optimize the use of energy, water, materials, and land with integrated, accurate energy and environmental analysis.
- Study multiple design alternatives earlier in the process to make better-informed decisions.
- Monitor, manage, and improve performance using intelligent 3D models.
Realize benefits throughout the project lifecycle by enabling modeling, analysis, and collaboration at any point.
- Projects are becoming increasingly complex.
Manage and share data - such as design, materials, schedules, budgets, and compliance -- across diverse and distributed teams.
- New technologies are changing what's possible.
Autodesk BIM solutions take full advantage of powerful technical innovations, including reality capture, cloud computing, and mobile access.
- BIM is rapidly transforming the global AEC industry.
Autodesk is the recognized global BIM leader and, along with training, support, and a global community of experienced users, can help AEC professionals improve the way they work.